Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sweet Scent of the Night

Sweet scent of the night
You came to me tonight
Intoxicating me with dreams of what could be

I cracked the window
Allowed you in
To drift past my cheeks and through my hair

You battled with the wind
Floated in between
The whipping gust intended to clear my head

And you lingered
And whispered to me
Your promises of flowers and fruit and sun

And you reminded me
Of my hope for tomorrow
Only possible after knowing the heat of yesterday

We hugged the turns
Sped through the dark night
While you became my nighttime confidant

Together for that moment
My silent companion
Dancing with me and making your promises

Now you come to tease
Each night as the earth sleeps.
And still pledge to me your promises of what will be

Sweet, sweet scent of the night

1 comment:

Debra said...

I like this Christine. Very nice!